Do you wish to volunteer with the BAOBAB team?
BAOBAB for Women’s human rights (BAOBAB) is a non-governmental, non profit-making, women’s human rights organisation with a mandate to promote and protect the human rights of women under customary, statutory, and religious laws in Nigeria. For full details of BAOBAB’s vision, mission, strategies and activities, please visit our website www.baobabwomen.org.
As a mentoring as well as a learning organisation, BAOBAB encourages volunteers who will contribute their skills, talents and time FREE OF CHARGE towards achieving BAOBAB’s vision. Details of logistics including time frame and work hours etc will be discussed and negotiated with respective volunteers prior to resumption.
We specifically seek volunteers with skills in any of the following - research, analytical report writing, networking and communication with substantive information and communication technology (ICT) skills, community mobilization, advocacy, and resource mobilization. If you are interested, kindly send us your resume and a brief cover note specifying your area of expertise and why you want to volunteer for BAOBAB.
What do I stand to gain as a BAOBAB volunteer?
- You will be working with a diverse, dynamic, experienced and result-oriented team of women’s human rights activists
- You will have an opportunity to gain more knowledge on human rights in general and women’s human rights specifically
- You will further have an opportunity to network with other activists locally and internationally
- Your valuable contribution will be well acknowledged in our widely disseminated publications –such as Annual report, journals and via our website
- Your wealth of experience will impact both local and global quest for social change based on our core networking activities, and by the end of your work with BAOBAB, you would have contributed to our ultimate vision “that women’s human rights become an integral part of every day life.”
Assisant Programme Officer
BAOBAB for Women's Human Rights
Tel: +234-1-4747 931, 07070155781